"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."KABOOM.
And so there's that. The number of questions this brings to mind is stunning:
- Is Amar'e going to get fined for tampering here?
- How will this affect Parker's relationship with the Spurs?
- How will this affect the Nuggets' attempts to extend Melo?
- Where did Amar'e get the idea to talk to those two about it?
- What's Amar'e thinking that he thinks talking about this is a good plan, true or not?
But in reality, if there's one thing we can take away from the Daily News article, it's that Amar'e is already mentally checked into the Knicks. You don't start shopping for other partners already on rosters unless you're committed to the squad. It also means that the next 24 hours are going to be full of denials and speculation. The 2010 Free Agency Apocalypse: The self-propelling hype machine.