You've seen KB's predictions for this season , now it's time we shared ours with you. Here is the F&R crew's prediction for the 2010-2011 season.
|Division||Matt Moore||Ben Golliver||Royce Young|
||Lakers over Heat
||Lakers over Magic
||Lakers over Heat
So all three of us like the Lakers. Way to go out on a limb, us. Here are our awards winner predictions.
||Ben Golliver||Royce Young
||Kevin Durant||Kevin Durant|
|DPOY||Andrew Bogut||Howard||Dwight Howard
|COY||Stan Van Gundy
||Stan Van Gundy
And finally, some random predictions from our crew.
From Royce Young:
- LeBron will lead the Heat in scoring, but won't average a triple-double.
- Kevin Durant will lead the league in scoring with over 30 ppg, but more impressively, his assists will jump to over four a game.
- Carmelo Anthony will be traded before Christmas, to the Knicks.
- Dwight Howard will lead the league in rebounding, followed closely by... Blake Griffin.
- At least one of the East's playoff teams will have a sub-.500 record.
- The Birdman will get a tattoo completely covering his face.
- Yao Ming will stay healthy the entire season, but with just the 24 minutes a game, won't make as big an impact as the Rockets hope.
- At some point, Dirk Nowitzki's hair will become self-aware.
- Tracy McGrady will win a playoff series. (Just kidding.)
- Al Jefferson will be an All-Star.
- John Wall will be the talk of All Star weekend, either because he wins one of the gimmick contests or because he puts up a triple double in the rookie/sophomore game.
- Blake Griffin will generate early-season All Star consideration talk, before the coaches snub him for a veteran.
- The Suns will make trade one of their major off-season signings before the trade deadline.
- Greg Oden will play less than 50 regular season games.
- Tyreke Evans will be an All-Star.
- Darko will receive a DNP-CD after God requests he return to Heaven to give back the manna he pilfered.
- After hearing the Heat hype for a few months, Kobe will go off for 55+ on a lottery team to prove a point.
- John Wall will win the Rookie of the Year, and it will not be close. Because of his play, the Wizards will miss the playoffs by only a handful of games.
- The Raptors will win 35 games. No more, no less.
- Carmelo Anthony won't be moved until the last minute before the trade deadline.
- Greg Monroe will suprise a lot of people with how good he is, prompting the Pistons to trade Rip Hamilton to go young.
- The Thunder will suffer an injury that will cause a mid-season slump, but wiill recover on a tear going into the playoffs.
- The Lakers will coast through the first month and last two months of the season, getting only the third seed before blistering all teams in the playoffs.
- Tyreke Evans will be an All-Star, and win MVP of the Rookie-Sophomores game.
- Dwight Howard will be an absolute monster, and average 35 points per game against the Heat in all four regular season meetings.
- The Hornets will just make the playoffs over the Grizzlies.